Files in the top-level directory in any check-in
Examples of running various Gemini and web self-hosting services using Bubblewrapped Services on a server, e.g. VPS server or Raspberry Pi.
Here is a brief description for the example services:
- gemini-server: Molly Brown gemini server. The capsules are located in
~/gemini/, in a sub-folder matching the domain name. You can thus have multiple capsules hosted, and each can have CGI scripts in a
- http-server: Web server using althttpd which works simlarily to the gemini server above, with websites located in
~/www, also supporting CGI scripts.
- scm-fossil: Fossil source code hosting, a simpler alternative to using git. Simply copy your repo fossil file into
~/repos/fossilto get a hosted version.
- tcp-haproxy: HAProxy handles incoming traffic and routes them to the various backends. You can also add redirects, reverse proxies, load balancing, redirects, and much much more. Simpler to manage than nginx or Apache.
- ssl-certificates: Uses acme.sh to automatically issue and renew SSL certificates for your various backends. The certificates are used by the tcp-haproxy service.
- system-monitor: A very simple script to send an email alert if available RAM is below 50Mb, or available disk space for the home folder is less than 1.5Gb. Edit the
~/services/system-monitor/start.shscript to change the e-mail address and thresholds.
To run these examples:
- Install Bubblewrapped Services into your server user's home directory.
- Check out this repo into your user's home directory. This will place the examples into the
~/servicesfolder as well as adding folders in your user's home directory for Gemini capsules and Web sites.
- Some examples may require installation (they will have an
install.shyou can run).
- Edit the
~/services/ssl-certificates/domains.txtfile with the domains for your server.
- Install SSL certificates for your server domains by starting the
- Start the
tcp-haproxyservice to handle most of the incoming traffic to your server and route them to the correct backend.
- Some of the example services defaults to
mydomain.tldas the server domain, so rename the folders or edit the configuration files to point to the correct names for your server.
- For the services you would like to start on boot, add them to